Due to our continued growth Haines Electrical are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator to join the team. The Estimator will be responsible for Liaising with clients and suppliers, completing tender reviews and procurement, general project design and estimation for accurate scope of electrical estimates. As a highly detailed professional you will have the ability to conduct research and have detailed knowledge of the electrical industry, its standards, building codes and rules for Tier 2 commercial electrical projects..
Duties & Skills
- Examining and determining costs for electrical tier 2 commercial projects.
- Ability to complete and submit competitive project bids and tender documentation.
- Understanding and estimation of of project design, take-offs, procurement and job scope-timeframes.
- Accurate price estimations, ability to review fluctuating materials and labour costs.
- Ability to liaison with Clients and Suppliers and complete detailed research.
- Complete regular site visits and audits.
- Provide detailed information and support to the Management Team and Project Managers to ensure the success of the tender and scope of the project delivery.
- Understanding of applying AS11000 principles and guidelines.
- Based in Darra Head office, but you will be willing to travel to QLD sites to scope out estimates for bids and tenders and to meet with clients, engineers, and managers.
What We Offer
- Based on experience and qualifications you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package.
- Opportunities for career progression within a growing company.
- Management and Senior Management support and guidance.
- A great team and work culture.
- Engineering qualifications and/or an Electrical trade background.
- Experienced working as an Electrical Estimator in the commercial and construction sector, ideally design and construct projects.
- Strong computer proficiency and ability to adapt to new software (with experience of Simpro, Groundplan, Aconex & Procore, Revit, MS Office an advantage).
- Drivers License and own transport.
- General Safety induction license and/or a Electrical Fitter License (Advantageous but not essential).
If you are interested in joining a dynamic electrical contracting business, please forward your CV and cover letter for consideration, or apply on Seek.