Haines Electrical are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Draftsperson to join the team. The Draftsperson will be responsible for reviewing tender documents, preparing drawings and plans to determine the scope of works for accurate pricing of electrical estimates. As a highly detailed professional you will have the ability to conduct research and have knowledge of the electrical industry, its standards, building codes and rules for Tier 2 commercial electrical projects.
Duties & Skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and engineers to determine project scope and requirements.
- Experience of preparing electrical drawings, panel layouts, electrical schematics, single line, cable schedules, site plans and light and power drawings in Xref format for Tier 2 commercial projects.
- Develop and manage standard design and a parts library.
- Sound computer literacy skills and design/draft (Use of any of the following technologies or similar would be advantageous: AutoCAD, Xref, Solidworks, REVIT, 2D/3D, also MS Office and Simpro).
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of all Australian Electrical Standards, OH&S, Environmental Management and Quality Systems in Design and Construct, Tier 2 Commercial projects.
- Resolving any electrical planning issues and developing effective solutions.
- Based in Darra Head office but a willingness to travel to QLD sites to scope out projects and meet with Managers, Clients and Engineers.
What We Offer
- Based on experience and qualifications you will be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate/salary package.
- Career progression with our growing company.
- Current Electrical Fitter Mechanic QLD Licence (Advantageous)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- General Safety Induction licence (Advantageous).